Rigour, quality and the importance of the countryside
Celler Vall Llach was founded in the early 90s by Enric Costa and Lluís Llach, in Porrera, one of the nine towns that make up the DOC Priorat in the south of Catalonia.
The winery’s first vintage was in 1998 and it reached the market at the end of 2000.
The demanding standards we impose on all the winery’s activity and processes are: rigour, quality and the importance of the countryside.
Our company’s philosophy
We use controlled microproduction of the vineyards and “trossos” (plots of land used), so that quality always outweighs quantity. Likewise, we’ve set a limit on expansion of production and growth, so we never lose the personalised and exhaustive control over each one of the processes. All this, and the unique character of the Priorat region, mean we can offer wines that we believe are fascinating and exclusive.
- Enric Costa. Founder
- Lluís Llach. Founder and owner
- Albert Costa. Owner and oenologist
- Roger Simó. Director
- Jordi Escoda. Oenologist
- Andréas Claus. Marketing Director
- Francesc Duran. Administrator
- Norma Giménez and Aliou Seck, winery staff
- Mady Seck, Jaume Peiri i Muontaga Diop at Lluís Llach’s vineyards.
- Dragan Vasa, Antonio Pérez and Josep Ferrando, staff at the Celler’s old vineyards.
- Cisco Duran and Aaron Juncosa, staff at Albert Costa’s vineyards.